Look at this stuff, isn't it neat

I guess I missed week 2, so here we are for what I will call week 2.5! I am still putting off the more involved parts of the plan, in favor of collecting fun things and trying to feel those inspiration vibes. But look what I acquired this week! 
I got this chair from a neighbor, for free, because I am nothing if not a free-stuff maniac. Seriously, if being into free stuff were an Olympic event, I would have gold, silver, AND bronze. If being into free stuff were a crime, I'd be locked up for life. If... you understand. I'm into it. And let me tell you, this chair is wonderful! It's soft as soft can be, and a fun and funky golden green, perfect to add some color to this treehouse retreat. I just want to curl up in it with a book right this minute!

Once we got that beautiful chair up the stairs, I wanted to survey the scene from our bed (which is a mess!) Treehouse view from week 2.5 is a little bit scandi, a little bit granny, and little something else. Maybe that's the look I'm going for, or maybe that's just who I am. Only time will tell!
Also, I love that my Oma's old old old sewing machine has a home in our room! Such a fun place to perch and do projects!
Now you'll find a little mishmash of photos that are inspiring my thoughts for this room...but they all bring a little somethin' different to the table. Starting off with very neutral colors and a scandi vibe, and then throwing in some pops of midcentury style and color, and then some different textures and patterns. I'm hoping to land somewhere in the middle of all that.




If you, like me, are asking yourself why I didn't do anything substantial in the room, let me tell you that THIS CHAIR WAS A BIG DEAL OKAY! And also, now time is a tickin' and I have no choice but to address the bare strip of dingy ceiling with "X marks the spot" hints all over and the un-baseboarded-ness of this place. See you next week!




Comments

  1. Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?! I had to come check out any girl cool enough to quote Ariel:) I LOVE the chair and I'm loving your inspiration images. Can't wait to see more!
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! Gotta love any excuse to quote a Disney song! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Tell us whatcha think!

Popular Posts