Because of how we moved the doorway when we expanded the bathroom, there is this funny little nook that has been housing our laundry basket all these months, but other than that has been looking a little forlorn and empty. No longer! I finally executed my plan to put in some functional shelves to hold some bathroom necessities. They are held up by rope, because again I had sticker shock when I started looking around for non-ugly shelf brackets. Hardware is expensive yo! So a package of rope for a couple bucks fit the bill. We won't be putting bricks on it, but for towels and other light-ish things, it does the job!
It was an easy process. First I put up a $1 roll of contact paper, for fun. It happened to be exactly the width of the space, so that was super lucky.Then I cut my board to fit and drilled holes in the corners. The hardest part was probably jamming the rope through the holes and then attempting to make it all level. I would finish one shelf and then the first knots I tied would streeetch and make everything wonky. :)
Now the extra toilet paper will always be in sight!